Wednesday, September 2, 2009

lets not get physical


I want to grow.


I'm on a little boat in the middle of the ocean.
Rowing and rowing but the water never lets me go.
So, I tried to fall in love with the ocean.
But I could never drown myself, I could never fill my lungs and hearts and brains with salt water the whale breathed out.

So, I must keep rowing. The water never lets me go.
But it cannot stop me from rowing.
I write waves of love letters, using oars as my pen.
Hoping, they would reach the very bottom of your heart,
"I love you.

p.s. Please let me go."


I want to grow.
I want gills.
I want to breathe you in and out, you circulating through my body.
I want to love whales and corals, and speak their language, only to be closer to you.
No more love letters. I am one.
"I love you.

p.s. Please don't ever let me go."



No comments:

Post a Comment